I discovered this pinapple bush producing a pineapple from the top.
Brought it home and planted it in a 12" pot with good drainage topsoil, and let it grow, watered once a week and fertilized once a month with a basic house plant fertilizer.
I was very suprised how quick it ripened at such a small size.
"Oh well!" It needed to be harvested!
I removed the top for further growing pleasures (or frustrations, yeah, mainly frustrations, hindsight)
The finished product!
Not much of a "yield" to brag about, but none the less it was a
very tasty little buggah.
The saga continues.....
I placed the top back in some water to torture myself.
After what seemed like an eternity, It sprouted roots.
I changed the water once a week and once a "monthish" I added
some root stimulator solution to the water.
I have two Keiki's (kids) growing, the one on the left
is from my "mini" pinapple and the other is a top from a
Maui Gold.
Now lets see if the cycle continues........locals claim
it will continue in a cyle of three.
No comments:
Post a Comment